Brussels - United Nations Regional Information Centre (UNRIC)
Minimum 3 months.
The United Nations Regional Information Centre (UNRIC) has a vacancy for a Graphic Design intern. The intern will participate in the various graphic related activities of the Information Technology Unit under the overall supervision of the UNRIC Graphic Coordinator and will assist in the designing of various internal/external materials (i.e.- reports, posters, icons, banners etc.) for print and for web.
Duties and responsibilities
Specific intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Designing and laying out materials in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and MS Office.
• Producing clear, concise and vivid materials that convey key messages to target audiences.
• Image management and photography.
• Liaising with country desks to design products tailored to specific audiences.
• Ensuring that all designs (print, web, etc. ) are cohesive and aligned with internal UN guidelines and best practices.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team and under strict time constraints.
• Basic knowledge of print production process.
• Basic knowledge of digital marketing standards.
• Ability to multi-task and have strong organizational skills.
• Proficiency in use of professional graphic design software.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience. However, applicants are encouraged to list all relevant work experiences in their CV.
Fluency in English is required.
The proposed internship lasts for a minimum period of three months on a full time basis and is unpaid. Interns are responsible for arranging their own travel, insurance and securing any necessary visas.
Note: All candidates are asked to include a portfolio with their application
Please e-mail your CV, portfolio and cover letter no later than 20 January 2017 to [email protected] with the subject of the message: 'Application Graphic Intern'. Interviews are scheduled to take place during end January. Projected start of internship is early-middle of February 2017.
The Brussels based United Nations Regional Information Centre for Western Europe - UNRIC provides information on UN activities to the countries of the region. It also provides liaison with institutions of the European Union in the field of information. Its outreach activities extend to all segments of society and joint campaigns, projects and events are organized with partners including the EU, governments, the media, NGOs, schools and local authorities.
United Nations Regional Information Centre for Western Europe (UNRIC Brussels)
Residence Palace, Rue de la Loi/Wetstraat 155, Block C2,7th and 8th floor, Brussels 1040, Belgium
Tel.: +32 2 788 8484 / Fax: 32 2 788 8485