12:30 – 14:30 CET, September 14, 2023
Venue: UN House, Boulevard du Régent 37, 1000 Brussels
The historic Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework agreed in December 2022 paves the way towards achieving the vision of living in harmony with nature by 2050. This is a critical milestone for accelerating the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), given the dependency of our lives, societies and economies on nature. Strong partnerships and alliances are vital to achieve the targets set by the Global Biodiversity Framework.
The UN Development Programme (UNDP), the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) and the European Commission are delighted to invite you to join a conversation on synergies between the European Green Deal and the work of key multilateral organizations such as UNDP and UNEP with the goal to come together and bring about large scale change and systemic shifts in the coming years.
- Ms. Astrid Schomaker, Director for Green Diplomacy and Multilateralism at the European Commission’s DG for Environment
- Ms. Carla Montesi, Director for Green Deal, Digital Agenda at the European Commission’s DG for International Partnerships (online)
- Mr. Janez Potočnik, Former European Commissioner for Research and Environment and Member of the Club of Rome
- Ms Mutumboi Mundia, Director – Market Supervision and Development Securities and Exchange Commission, Zambia (online)
- Mr. Thierry Lucas, UNEP’s Coordinator for Biodiversity in Europe
- Ms. Midori Paxton, Director, Nature Hub, Bureau for Policy and Programme Support, UNDP
Moderation by Ms. Francine Pickup, Deputy Director, Bureau for Policy and Programme Support, UNDP.
If you wish to join the webinar online: please register using the following link: https://undp.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_day_AqFPS–bUFxzpBbMlg