Title: Communication and Information Management Assistant (G5 – step 1) for the International Labour Office (ILO) for the European Union (EU) and the Benelux countries
Work Unit: ILO-Brussels
Duration Appointment: SST 9/8/2021 – 17/12/2021
The ILO-Brussels’ Office for the EU and the Benelux countries is developing, in a pro-active way, the ILO-EU strategic partnership, both as a regional and as a global player. Moreover, the ILO-Brussels’ Office is the country office for the three Benelux countries (Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands) which are significant ILO donors.
The position is responsible for the communications activities of ILO-Brussels and contributes to the delivery of the ILO global communications strategy.
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Director of the Office the incumbent will:
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
1. Draft, lay-out and send the monthly ILO-Brussels newsletter in English, French and Dutch.
2. Plan, prepare and promote events. Prepare the programme and invitations and communicate about our events through various channels.
3. Maintain and update mailing lists to send out newsletters, press releases and invitations.
4. Maintain and update the content of the ILO-Brussels’ website in English, French and Dutch.
5. Act as communications focal point for the office. Maintain contacts and attend meetings with colleagues and partner organizations.
6. Propose communication plans and messaging for the ILO-Brussels’ office.
7. Manage the ILO-Brussels social media channels (Facebook, Twitter) in English.
8. Maintain and update contacts with Brussels-based Benelux and EU press, act as focal point for all incoming journalist requests, contact experts in Geneva and set up interviews.
9. Prepare, draft and send press releases to Brussels-based Benelux and EU press in English, French and Dutch.
10. Share relevant information with the Office and the Regional Office, HQ and other concerned parties as required.
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
Education – Completion of secondary school education. A certificate in communications studies and web-related skills would be an advantage.
Experience – Minimum four years of experience in a variety of communications and public information activities such as drafting, reporting and disseminating information to the public via press or other means of media.
Languages – Excellent command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of French and/or Dutch will be considered an asset.
• Ability to organize own work and manage conflicting priorities.
• Ability to propose draft communications plans around key issues and assist in implementing them.
• Good research, drafting and editing skills. Ability to draft media statements, press releases, presentations, news articles and other materials.
• Ability to support planning and promoting public events.
• Knowledge of social media.
• Ability to use an e-mailing tool (Adestra) after receiving a training.
• Ability to film and edit web video material and take event photographs.
Conditions of Employment
− Any appointment is subject to ILO Staff Regulations and other relevant internal rules.
− The contract will be issued from 9/8/2021 until 17/12/2021.
ILO-Brussels values diversity among its staff. We welcome applications from qualified women and men, including those with disabilities.
• Please email your application in English to [email protected] and include in the subject line “Communication Assistant Application” with your first name and surname.
• Applications to be considered valid must include: a one-page letter of motivation, proof that you can live and work in Belgium and a CV. Please do not send anything else.
• Visa/work permit requirements: candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Belgium and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in Belgium.
• Any incomplete applications will be disregarded.
• The deadline for applications is 15.06.2021. Please be advised that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
• Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action.
• Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com