To mark the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women, the United Nations and the European Commission present: #Female Pleasure
How to Participate
The event involves an online screening of the award-winning film #FemalePleasure, followed by a panel discussion.
- Step 1: Register for the event before 23rd November by clicking here
- Once you have registered, you will automatically receive a Zoom link.
- Step 2: At 7pm (CET) on 25th November, click on the Zoom link to join the event.
After a short introduction, the link to the film will be shared in the Zoom chat. After watching the film, join us for the discussion using the same Zoom link.
Barbara Miller’s feature documentary #FemalePleasure portrays five courageous, bright, and self-determined women, breaking the silence imposed by their archaic-patriarch societies and religious communities. With incredible strength and positive energy, Deborah Feldman, Leyla Hussein, Rokudenashiko, Doris Wagner and Vithika Yadav are fighting for sexual liberation and autonomy for women, beyond religious rules and cultural barriers. #FemalePleasure shows the universal mechanisms at work that determine the position of women, spanning cultures, religions and continents.
- Barbara Miller, Director of #FemalePleasure
- Dr Leyla Hussein OBE, FGM social activist and protagonist in #FemalePleasure
- Henriette Geiger, Director, People and Peace, Directorate General for Development and Cooperation, European Commission
- Dagmar Schumacher, Director, UN Women Brussels Office
- Sietske Steneker, Director, UNFPA Brussels Office
- Fabienne Pompey (moderator), United Nations Regional Information Centre