To mark the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women, the United Nations and the European Commission screened: #Female Pleasure
Barbara Miller’s feature documentary #FemalePleasure portrays five courageous, bright, and self-determined women, breaking the silence imposed by their archaic-patriarch societies and religious communities. With incredible strength and positive energy, Deborah Feldman, Leyla Hussein, Rokudenashiko, Doris Wagner and Vithika Yadav are fighting for sexual liberation and autonomy for women, beyond religious rules and cultural barriers. #FemalePleasure shows the universal mechanisms at work that determine the position of women, spanning cultures, religions and continents.
- Barbara Miller, Director of #FemalePleasure
- Dr Leyla Hussein OBE, FGM social activist and protagonist in #FemalePleasure
- Henriette Geiger, Director, People and Peace, Directorate General for Development and Cooperation, European Commission
- Dagmar Schumacher, Director, UN Women Brussels Office
- Sietske Steneker, Director, UNFPA Brussels Office
- Fabienne Pompey (moderator), United Nations Regional Information Centre