Every year the Secretary-General honours and recognizes significant performance of UN Secretariat personnel who go above and beyond the call of duty in the discharge of their duties or initiate and implement projects with great impact and innovative potential.
Secretariat personnel are invited to nominate remarkable colleagues and their projects for the 2022 UN Secretary-General Awards in the following categories:
- Collegiality: Honouring an individual for generating a work environment that enables everyone to do their best on behalf of the United Nations.
- Innovation: Honouring an individual or a team for improving the delivery of programmes or services through the implementation of creative solutions.
- Multilingualism: Honouring an individual or a team for best practices and innovative approaches to fostering a multilingual work environment.
- Workforce diversity: Honouring an individual or a team for fostering a workplace in which UN personnel reflect the gender, geographical, racial, disabilities and other diversity of the peoples of the world and in which our differences are leveraged to achieve greater impact for the peoples we serve.
Nominations are accepted until 24 October 2022.
- Unite Spark, the open innovation portal for UN personnel
- Learn more about how to participate in the 2022 Secretary-General Awards here
- More UN Competitions, Games, Awards and Mobile Apps