The year 2020 marks the 10th anniversary of the Women’s Empowerment Principles, which now have close to 4,000 signatories. This important milestone coincides with the 25th anniversary of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action (BPfA). The BPfA is recognized as the most progressive roadmap for gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls, everywhere.
To mark this occasion and utilize the momentum to showcase progressive private sector action toward gender equality and mobilize more companies to embrace the WEPs, UN Women is organizing the 2020 WEPs Award for companies in G7 countries and in the European Union. The Award will recognize WEPs signatories’ exceptional championship of gender equality within their organizations and networks.
Companies are encouraged to nominate themselves for the Award and deepen their engagement with the WEPs community, a global peer network of almost 4,000 companies and business networks.
- Showcase your company’s leadership and actions for gender equality
- Be recognized for your commitment. The Award Winners will be featured in a live session on our social media channels.
- Worldwide recognition and visibility. The winners will be showcased on the WEPs website, social media channels and in a special issue of the WEPs newsletter.
The 2020 WEPs Award will recognize leaders in the following categories:
- 2020 WEPs Leadership Award, open to all WEPs signatoriesIt will also recognize leaders in these sub-categories:
- Best Women-Owned Business Award
- Best SME Award
- Best Network Award
The Award ceremony will take place online on 10 December 2020, which is also the Human Rights Day, showcasing companies that align with responsible business conduct and human rights principles.