In 2013, the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in recognition of its extensive efforts to eliminate chemical weapons.
To preserve the legacy of this achievement, the OPCW established the OPCW-The Hague Award in collaboration with the Municipality of The Hague in 2014.
The OPCW-The Hague Award recognises the many stakeholders, including academia, researchers, chemical industry, international and regional organisations, and civil society that play a role in advancing the goals of the Chemical Weapons Convention.
Nominations for 2022 OPCW-The Hague Award must be submitted using the online nomination form.
What you need to apply:
- Contact details of the candidate (and details of third party nominator if relevant)
- Contact details of up to three references (minimum two for self-nominators)
- A nomination statement of up to 500 words explaining how the candidate has contributed to one or more of the areas expressed in the eligibility criteria in the call for nominations.
The deadline for nominations is 23:59 CEST on Sunday, 16 October 2022.
Who can nominate?
Nominations for eligible individuals and organisations can be self-submitted or submitted by a third party acting as a nominator.
Nominations will be evaluated by a Selection Panel. Up to three nominees may be selected who will each be awarded a share of the €90,000 prize.
Successful nominees will be informed of the Selection Panel’s decision and invited to attend the award ceremony, to take place on 28 November 2022 in The Hague, Netherlands during the Twenty-Seventh Conference of the States Parties
The selection panel is comprised of the Director-General of the OPCW, the Mayor of The Hague, the Chairperson of the Executive Council of the OPCW, the President of the International Council of Chemical Associations (ICCA), and the President of the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC).
- OPCW website
- Download the call for nominations for full details of eligibility criteria and requirements.
- Online nomination form
- Additional information
- More UN Competitions, Games, Awards and Mobile Apps