Housing prices are skyrocketing in cities around the world. Incomes are not. PUSH sheds light on a new kind of faceless landlord, our increasingly unliveable cities and an escalating crisis that has an effect on us all. This is not gentrification, it’s a different kind of monster. The film follows Leilani Farha, the UN Special Rapporteur on Adequate Housing, as she’s travelling the globe, trying to understand who’s being pushed out of the city and why.
The film was followed by a panel discussion with:
- Sorcha Edwards, Secretary General of Housing Europe
- Ruth Owen, Deputy Director of FEANTSA
- Anne-Sophie Dupont, Project Manager of RBDH
- Frédéric J. Saliez, Deputy Chief of UN-Habitat Office
- Moderated by Carlos Jimenez, UNRIC