To mark World Oceans Day, the United Nations and Oceana screened: Silent Fish.
In collaboration with: Ocean Week
The Mediterranean remains the most overfished sea on the planet, in the era of climate change. Traveling across the Mediterranean, the film captures the lives of fishermen who struggle to make ends meet and are at risk of becoming extinct.
- Federico Gelmi – Fisherman in the film whose Associazione Pescatori di Pantelleria is a member of Low Impact Fishers of Europe (LIFE)
- Lefteris Arapakis – UNEP Young Champion of the Earth and founder of Enaleia
- Anne-Cécile Dragon – Science and policy officer, DG MARE, European Commission
- Nicolas Fournier – Campaign Director, Marine Protection at Oceana in Europe
- Miguel Bernal – Senior Fishery Officer, General Fisheries Commission for the Mediterranean – FAO
- Dimitris Fatouros – UN Regional Information Centre