Are you a professional, occasional or ‘wannabe’ photographer? Are you a soil scientist, an environmentalist, an activist, or just a fan who would like to improvise him/herself as a photographer for one day? Join the contest and send in your photographs that will compete for public voting on the FAO website and winners announced on the World Soil Day 2023.
The photos should illustrate any of those aspects: promote environmental awareness; educate about soil and water issues, advocate sustainable practices, foster artistic expression and inspire action.
Special prizes for the winners are up for grab!
How to take part?
- Each participant can submit up to five photographs by filling and submitting the registration form.
- Entrants must own the copyright and must have taken the photographs themselves. They may have been taken at any time prior to the close of the contest.
- Photographs should fall under the topics mentioned above.
- Each submitted photograph must have a title and a short description/caption explaining the contest and where/when the photo was taken (max. 150 words).
- Participants are invited to post their photos on social media accounts, using the competition hashtags: #WorldSoilDay and #SoilAction and #WaterAction. The FAO corporate social media may share and retweet the winning photos on corporate accounts.
- The first 10 winners will receive a certificate of recognition, soil related gadgets, FAO publications, and will have their entries exposed on UN/FAO websites and social media channels.
- A special article will also feature the winner(s) of the contest.