Calling out to all children and teens around the world! If you’re between ages 5 to 19, we want you to use your imagination and create a poster of your favourite food hero at work. The world is full of food heroes – from farmers to drivers, shop assistants, food bank or government representatives etc., who despite various challenges, such as the current COVID-19 pandemic, work hard to make sure that food makes its way from farms to our table. Let’s celebrate their great efforts this World Food Day. Young minds can be inspired by our World Food Day Activity Book that talks about the important role food heroes play in the food system and how everyone can come together and take action to support our food heroes so they can provide the healthy diets we need, while protecting the planet.
Take a photo or scan your poster and submit your entry by filling out the form on our website. The deadline is 6 November 2020.
Who can take part?
The Contest is open to children and youth between the ages of 5 and 19, living anywhere in the world.
The age to declare in the entry form is the one at the time of entering the Contest. Minors must have the permission of their parents or legal guardians to participate in the Contest.
- 15 posters in each category (60 posters) will be selected for the shortlist by the screening committee in December 2020. Shortlisted candidates will receive a certificate for this achievement.
- Three winning poster designs will be selected as finalists by a jury in each category.
- The top three poster designs in all categories will be announced on the World Food Day website.
- Winners will be promoted on FAO social media and by FAO offices around the world.
- Winners will also receive a Certificate of Recognition and a surprise gift bag.
- In the event that any of the selected winner(s) of any prize is/are ineligible in accordance with these Contest rules and/or the General Rules, Copyright and Privacy, cannot be traced, or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and it will be in the sole discretion of FAO to choose whether to award the prize to another eligible entry.
- When winning posters are published, only the first initial, full family name and country of origin will be published. No other personal information about the Contestants will be published or shared.